1962 LAUNCHING OF K-27 NUCLEAR SUBMARINE OF 645 DESIGN
In 1957, the technical design of PPU nuclear submarine of 645 Design was approved. It was a two-reactor PPU with intermediate neutron reactors each with thermal capacity of 73 MW, lead-bismuth liquid metal coolant in the primary circuit at the low pressure of 10-12 atmospheres. The K-27 nuclear submarine of 645 Design, factory number 601, was set up in workshop 42 of the Northern Machine-Building Plant (former Plant 402 of the Ministry of Shipbuilding Industry) in 1959. On April 1, 1962, the K-27 nuclear submarine of 645 Design was taken out of workshop 42 and solemnly launched into water. The technical design of the B-2 reactor was completed at the end of 1958. The B-2 reactor (WWER-70) had the thermal power of 265 MW. Construction of Unit 1 of Novovoronezh NPP with the first WWER-1 reactor plant designed by OKB «GIDROPRESS», including installation of the main equipment by the organizations, began in 1959 and finished in 1963.
Nuclear submarine «К-27»
OKB «GIDROPRESS» began development of the technical design for the BM-40/A nuclear steam generating plant for nuclear submarine of 705 Design in October 1962. In April 1963, OKB «GIDROPRESS» received a technical assignment for development of an experimental fast neutron reactor with sodium coolant in the primary circuit. The task was approved by A. I. Leypunsky, the Scientific Superviser of the Physics and Power Engineering Institute. This was new work for OKB «GIDROPRESS». In 1964, OKB «GIDROPRESS» was assigned the responsibility of the Chief Designer of the reactor and equipment of the primary and secondary circuits of BOR-60 plant. BOR-60 reactor was designed to justify and experimentally verify the main technical and process solutions that determine the parameters of promising nuclear power plants with fast neutron reactors.
LAUNCH OF NOVOVORONEZH NPP, UNIT 1 WITH THE FIRST NATIONAL WATER-COOLED POWER REACTOR FOR WWER-1 NPP
On September 30, 1964, Unit 1 of the Novovoronezh NPP with WWER-1 reactor plant, designed by OKB «GIDROPRESS», was connected to the power system. On December 27, 1964 the plant reached its nominal power. Pilot operation of the Unit continued until October 1965, during which the safety margin of the reactor, steam generator and turbine was identified, which made it possible to ensure reliable operation at the power of 240 MW.
Novovoronezh NPP, Unit 1
1965 LAUNCH OF VK-50 REACTOR PLANT
В 1965 году утвержден технический проект БОР-60, рекомендован к
In 1965, the technical design of BOR-60 was approved and recommended for detailed designing. In 1965, development of designs of WWER-440 (V-179) reactor with cavity volume equipment and PGV-4 steam generators for Units 3 and 4 of Novovoronezh NPP began.
In June 1965, the technical design of PPU BM-40/A was approved. OKB «GIDROPRESS» designers and SKB-143 specialists (now SPMBM “Malakhit”) developed the layout of the equipment, and Podolsk Ordzhonikidze Plant was appointed as the main supplier.
On October 15, 1965, the VK-50 reactor plant was launched at the Research Institute of Atomic Reactors (NIIAR, Melekess, Ulyanovsk Region (Dimitrovgrad)). Since that time, the reactor plant has been operated at the power of 30-50 MW (e), contributing to the energy of the scientific center and the city, at the same time solving various research problems. The reactor plant – an industrial prototype of a large power plant with boiling reactor – was designed by OKB «GIDROPRESS» in accordance with the resolution of the USSR Council of Ministers (March 1956). A number of studies were carried out at the reactor plant, the results of which were used in other types of reactor plants, for example, when creating RBMK separators. Operation of the VK-50 still continues.
Reactor plant VK-50
1966 LAUNCH OF RHEINSBERG NPP (GDR)
OKB «GIDROPRESS» completed a technical design of WWER reactor plant for
typical nuclear power plants with two 400 MW Units on the basis of the
technical assignment developed together with the National Research
Center «Kurchatov Institute» in 1966.
Rainsberg NPP with WWER-type reactor of B-2 design with the power of 70 MW was commissioned in October 1966.
In 1966, a draft design of WWER-440 V-179 RP was completed for Units 3
and 4 of Novovoronezh NPP. The accumulated experience in designing,
manufacturing, installation, commissioning and operation of WWER-1,
WWER-2, WWER-3M reactor plants, previously designed by OKB
"Gidropress", was used in the development of reactor plant V-179
A new V-230 reactor plant design was developed for a series of WWER-440 Units being built in this country and abroad, which took into account the requirements of foreign customers in addition to the national requirements.
1968 PHYSICAL START-UP OF FAST EXPERIMENTAL REACTOR WITH 60 MW POWER – BOR-60 (DIMITROVGRAD)
In 1967, work began on installation of BOR-60 facility at the Research
Institute of Atomic Reactors (Melekess, later Dimitrovgrad).
Physical start-up of BOR-60 facility took place in 1968. The construction of this facility was a significant stage in the development of atomic science and technology in the country. BOR-60 surpassed the previous designs in durability. Operation of the BOR-60 still continues.
The development of V-213 reactor design for the Finnish NPP began on
August 14, 1968 in accordance with the order of the Council of
Ministers of the USSR. In Loviisa NPP project OKB «GIDROPRESS» acted as
the Chief Designer of the reactor with the cavity volume and steam
V-213 reactor plant for Loviisa NPP was designed on the basis of the solutions of V-230 serial reactor plant design with changes arising from the need to meet the requirements of the Contract. The governing requirement of the contract was the condition for ensuring safety of nuclear power plants.
Signing of an agreement on the development of Loviisa NPP project