Design support and supervision
At the Customer’s request OKB “GIDROPRESS” can provide the following services during further operation of forerunner power units and commercial power units:
- supervision of operation at the NPP site by a resident representative of the General designer of reactor plants;
- consulting services on maintenance of the primary equipment developed by OKB “GIDROPRESS”;
- participation in maintenance and repair of reactor plant equipment , in discussion of the results and making decisions on them;
- development of a set of documents for equipment maintenance, repair and preservation and NPP decommissioning;
- assistance to the in-plant personnel in learning of engineering documentation;
- analysis of suggestions of the Customer (NPP operator) regarding modernization of some equipment of the reactor plant, optimization of its operating modes and justification by means of computational analysis and experimental investigations, if required;
- participation in work of the Customer’s commissions for investigation of reactor plant equipment failures, disturbances in NPP operation affecting the reactor plant equipment;
- analysis of the Customer’s information on defects, failures and malfunctions and providing recommendations on their elimination and prevention;
- development of a residual life evaluation and ageing management system of reactor plant equipment.
OKB “GIDROPRESS” is much experienced in scientific-technical support and supervision of the forerunner and commercial reactor plant designs at the following stages:
- manufacture of equipment;
- installation of reactor plant equipment;
- preoperational tests and NPP commissioning;
- reactor plant operation.
Start-up of WWER-type power units, especially of the forerunners constructed in the territory of Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Bulgaria, required participation of a design supervision team which consisted of qualified specialists from OKB “GIDROPRESS”, developers of the reactor plant separate equipment and systems. This allowed to solve all problems arising during preoperational work in time and with high quality.
Warranty service provided by the design supervision team during the first two years of reactor plant power unit operation also allows to solve arising problems professionally and promptly.