Development of new technologies is impossible without research and experiments using prototype models and full-scale equipment. OKB “GIDROPRESS” has started to construct test benches and organize departments for manufacturing equipment models. In 1960 designing of the experimental and production building had been started, and in 1966 the building was commissioned. During the last years high-capacity experimental facilities has been constructed. They provide a capability to optimize different engineering solutions, to check operability and reliability of the reactor plant components and equipment under the conditions similar to the field ones.
- thermal physics;
- fluid dynamics;
- seismic and vibration-impact strength;
- service life and materials science;
- technical diagnostics and justification of the reactor plant equipment under design.
These researches are implemented on the following benches:
- reactor plant structural component test benches
- thermal physics test benches
- material test benches
- reactor equipment test benches
- in-situ measurement system
Specialists of this division take an active part in commissioning of nuclear power plants under construction. They carry out commissioning measurements and in-service inspection using equipment manufactured according to own designs at our production facilities.