GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROSATOM PRODUCTION SYSTEM
The Rosatom production system (PSR) is a culture of economical production and a system of continuous process improvement to ensure competitive advantage at the global level.
The PSR is based on five principles that encourage employees to:
- be attentive to the customer's requirements (not only in relation to the end user, but also to the site-consumer, shop-consumer, and even the subsequent operator);
- solve problems right on the spot;
- integrate quality into the process, avoid defects;
- identify and eliminate any losses (excess inventory, inter-operational gaps, downtime, unnecessary movements, etc.);
- be an example to colleagues.
These principles were formulated on the basis of the best examples of national and foreign experience, in particular, the system of scientific organization of labor, production and management of the USSR Ministry of Medium Machine-Building Industry and Toyota Production System of the Japanese automobile company Toyota.
Rosatom's production system is aimed at the strategic goals of the state Corporation, while the industry's PSR projects are aimed at increasing productivity, reducing cost and improving product quality. Knowledge and ability to apply PSR tools are a prerequisite for professional and career growth of employees in the nuclear industry.