WWER-1000 reactor plant (V-392)
Evolutionary approach to development is applied in the design, i.e. proven technologies, units, systems and experience in designing, manufacturing and operation of the previous generation of WWER nuclear power plants are mainly used.The design is developed for a wider spectrum (in comparison with reactor plants of the previous generation) of normal operating conditions, anticipated operational occurrences and design basis accidents.
The main feature of this design as opposed to other high power WWER reactor plant designs is application of advanced equipment and introduction of additional passive safety systems in combination with active and conventional passive systems, that improves reliability of the reactor plant equipment and allows to prevent and mitigate consequences of design basis and beyond design basis accidents (BDBA) more effectively.
Reactor plant V-392 is designed for seismic impact under operating basis earthquake of magnitude 7 according to MSK 64 scale and under safe shutdown earthquake of magnitude 8 according to MSK 64 scale.
The design is in compliance with the requirements of current standards and codes.
Main features of reactor plant V-392:
- advanced WWER-1000 reactor, including application of the advanced, more efficient and reliable core excluding positive reactivity effects due to parameter feedbacks;
- modernized steam generator;
- reactor coolant pump (RCP) with advanced seals;
- passive heat removal system;
- additional system of core flooding;
- passive quick boron injection system;
- I&C including a complex of diagnostic system;
- “leak before break” concept.
|Reactor thermal power, MW||3000|
|Number of circulation loops, pcs.||4|
|Primary pressure, MPa||15,7|
|Secondary pressure, MPa||6,27|
|Reactor coolant temperature, ° С:|
|Reactor coolant flow rate, m3/h||84 800|
|Number of fuel assemblies, pcs.||163|
|Number of reactor control rods, pcs.||up to 121|
|Average linear heat rate of fuel rod, W/cm||166|
|Average burn-up (in stationary fuel cycle), MW· day/kg U||43|
|Steam capacity, t/h||4 x 1470|