Technical support center
Since 2000 a Technical Support Center (TSC) for WWER nuclear power plants was opened in OKB “GIDROPRESS” to perform the following tasks:
- assessment of a reactor plant state at the Unit under accident conditions;
- prediction of possible accident scenario and anticipated consequences;
- elaboration of recommendations on changing over the Unit to a safe state and mitigation of accident consequences.
The TSC involves the following:
- computer codes to analyze the accident conditions during abnormal events at NPP and elaborate recommendations to the NPP specialists;
- a room where the expert team performs its work on analysis of emergency modes;
- a conference hall to hold briefings of the expert team and group of the branch system of urgent assistance for nuclear power plants during abnormal events;
- an archive of technical documentation for NPP Units;
- a room of personnel psychological recreation.
The TSC is connected by a channel of data transmission system with the Crisis Center of Concern “Rosenergoatom” (CCRA). There is CCRA video conferencing to visualize the meetings on NPP abnormal events.
The TSC is equipped with modern computer facilities. Acquisition and classification of data on the Unit actual state is performed. All TSC equipment has uninterruptible power supply.